Sunday 18 April 2010

Gardening and grey skies

Sunday 18th April.
I got out into the garden early the other day, and cleared loads of weeds which had taken over the "secret garden". Weed pulling was made easier with the ground damp and I got much more done than expected, I also got busy pruning stuff, and once I started couldn't stop, its just such a satisfying feeling, needs a bit of muscle power, but then the unwanted branch falls to the ground and light floods in where there was only shade before. Poppy came out to watch, but just watching me made her tired....

Later I took her to task sat her down and gave her a lecture on how she should take a more active part helping out in the garden

I was going to bash on but skies got darker and darker and it started raining again, its rather nice working when its cool and grey, but not in heavy rain. Deprived of this pleasant physical work I kind of lost track of the day, and got to thinking about dust clouds and flight groundings, and wondered if we should be learning something from all this.... maybe we have just got too used to flying off to other places .... (I still yearn for a "beam me up Scottie" device though!) and wondered if perhaps I should programme myself to just accepting that I live here and stop trying to escape ... then checking my email found a long breathless excited one from a friend who had just been to Cairo , Petra and other middle east countries, then another from a penfriend travelling around in the States... hmmm, so much for that idea! and now with my Poland trip all sorted and departure imminent, the news of dust clouds dissipating has not come yet.. we shall see .... watch this space.....


No comments:

Post a Comment



The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice , there is little we can do to change until we notice how our failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds. RDL